Monday, December 15, 2014

The Jaded Chef Introduction

-Who is The Jaded Chef?
Me. No seriously, it is I, Judith Gorsky.

-Why am I jaded?
I am jaded because I was taking medications I didn't need for a long time. These medications actually made me sicker. These medications were for a problem I didn't have. Now, I have trust issues when it comes to health and wellness.  But, I always kind of had trust issues, I'm pessimistic, cynical, and sarcastic, I know this sounds counter intuitive traits to look for in a coach of any kind, but these traits makes me honest, a straight shooter.

I have a great doctor now, but I try to examine what I'm doing and what I'm eating before I go in to see him. Lately, I have been seeing him for Boy Scout physicals. I like it this way, I think he does, too.

Also, green is my power color, so even though "jaded" may have a negative definition, green is my power color.

-So, what DO you do?
When your doctor says you need to cut out sugar (or gluten, or sodium, or whatever...) many people get overwhelmed. The first time they go to the store after, and start reading labels is a nightmare. Your doctor is not going to go to the store with you and show you how to shop for your health. I do that.

I help you clean out your cabinets, and restock them, or start restocking them with better food choices. I can demonstrate different methods of cooking. I can show you what substitutions may be beneficial.

-Okay, so what DON'T you do?
I do not offer medical advice. If you think you have an allergy, sensitivity, or chronic condition, see your doctor first. I don't recommend supplements, vitamins, or products. I share them as part of my narrative, but this is not an endorsement.

Also, I do not clean kitchens, I just clean out the cabinets.

-Where's your street cred?
I have a (mostly) well managed stress/anxiety disorder. I went from being severely chronically depressed/anxious and having chronic respiratory illness to good health. I took me a couple of years.  I fixed myself under the guidance of a doctor and nutrapath with food and exercise.


In the three years I have proactively managed my health, I have ditched prescription drugs, lost approximately 70 pounds, started running 5Ks (4 as of 12/2014, and a Rugged Maniac scheduled for 3/2015), got healthy and confident enough to buy a motorcycle, turned my anxiety/depression around and received an Associates in Psychology, and decided to go back to school for Culinary Arts and major in Sports and Nutrition.

All this while being a full time mom to four children, two of which have special needs. I also am very blessed to have the love and support of my husband of 20 years, Paul, in my every endeavor.

-What happens to all the food that doesn't find it's way back into my cabinets?
That food gets donated to a local food bank. The only thing I dislike more than cabinets full of processed food, is wasting food. To date I have donated 68 pounds of food.

-You're okay with donating crappy food to the poor?
No. But everyone's need is different.

How can I secure your services?
-Call me, email me, message me...We can set up an appointment to talk about your goals, and see if my services are what you need.


No comments:

Post a Comment