Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Free Cake and other Delicacies

So, I'm all about health, ummm, mostly...I am a human being, and my daughter actually reminded me yesterday after shaming "candified yogurt", that I can appreciate yogurt in a tube just as much as the next guy.  Why did God give us children?? To humble us, each and everyday.

Health aside, I like cooking, but I love baking...So what is a baker to do, when she can't eat her goods?  Bake for others!! I also need to keep my skills sharp, you know, and I wanted to see if the products I learned to make at school are scalable to my home kitchen, and if they translate well.  I am pleased to announce, they do.

So here are the cakes I made today: 
2 Chocolate Sponge Cakes with Chocolate Buttercream Icing. (1 went to my friend , Sue, and a slice of the other, well, it went into Ma Belly!)



2 Vanilla Sponge Cakes with Vanilla Buttercream Icing. (1 went into my friend Sue's freezer for a rainy day, all decorated, the other into my freezer, nekkid, no photo for modesty's sake, jeez...)


This past week I also made about 10 dozen cookies for Scouting events, chocolate chip, chocolate vanilla chip, and gingerbread.

So, keep this in mind, you don't have to stop baking just because you're living healthy, though someone who needs to avoid gluten may have to get creative, you just need to have friends to share with.  Now, in my case, word has gotten out I know my way around a cookie recipe, so I plan on having no shortage of friends I can gift cakes, cookies, and pies to.


No comments:

Post a Comment